Friday, October 31, 2008

All HaLLowS eVe

OuR FaMiLy!
I love Halloween! I love dressing up, trick or treating, and our tradition of soup and "spider" bread for dinner, and it's so much more fun now that I have kids. I love watching as they run from door to door and get excited about other costumes, how they wake up and are in their costumes before the sun rises, and then they want to sleep in them at the end of the day. The face painting, staying up late, and eating tons of candy are up there as well.
Today Halloween did not disappoint! We were up and out the door by 8:15 so we could get Jackson to school and stay to watch his parade. This was his first one and he was SO excited. I was glad that we were all there to see him and we even got the seats right at the beginning! I headed back to school at noon to help with his classes party, that was fun!
When Jackson got home from school we carved our pumpkins, Jackson and Chloe drew tons of designs all over their pumpkins, but after explaining that carving was a little different than drawing they settled for jack-o-lanterns. Chloe's favorite part was getting out the seeds, she got a little spoon and would scoop and get 2-3 seeds at a time, get so proud of her self and then dump them in the trash. I tried to help by scraping the sides, but she had a system and she was sticking to it. She didn't want to touch any pumpkin goop either. Jackson and Chloe wore Halloween aprons that I made them last year and looked adorable!
We went to my parents for dinner. Soup and bread shaped like a spider, we've had this every year since I was little and I love carrying this tradition on with my children. We trick-or-treated a couple friends over there and then headed to our neighborhood to finish up. It was a wonderful family day and I loved every minute! Happy Halloween!!!

JaCkSoN at his Parade
We LoVeD seeing all the CoStUmEs
Ella in our leaf PiLe
CaRvInG pUmPkInS ... Parker used an electric saw to open
all the pumpkins
CaRvIn'
ChLoE's favorite part was getting the seeds out!
"K" is for KeMp (I ended up with the smallest pumpkin)
Ella LOVES to CliMb
Almost Trick-oR-Treating time
Now we're ready...Face paint and all
Ella was the cutest chicken
We all LoVe being outside
What a GREAT day!!! HaPpY hAllOwEeN

16 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

What a fun day!! I love that you have so many Halloween traditions. And your kids are of course cute as ever! I especially loved the shots of Ella in the leaves. She is too cute!

Sheri said...

Great Pictures!!!Looks like everyone had a fab time!

Naoma said...

Adorable!! The kids looks so cute and looks like they had a great time! I love passing on traditions and watching them grow up...

The Andersons said...

oh my gosh i swear you guys have SO much fun!!! everytime you post it looks like you had a blast! i can't wait to have lots of kids and have tons of fun with them like you do! i'm glad you guys had a good halloween and your kids looked adorable like always!!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness.... this is just the cutest! Just precious. Liz!!!

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh! I love your halloween family picture. You guys look so cute! And your kids look adorable! I love Ella's costume. She look very too cute!

Erin said...

I loved all the kids costumes!! Jackson totally looked like a skeleton!! And Chloe looked like such a cute princess/butterfly!!! Ella was adorable!!
-Erin Horne

Heide Call said...

I love your family picture; You all look great! Don't you love Halloween!

Crockett Family said...

Hey Liz! It's Amy (Morrison) Crockett. I saw that you made a comment on Mandy's blog so that is how I found you. Anyway, I didn't know Jackson was at Wasatch?! Where do you guys live? I love that school. It holds a special place in my heart. I taught 5th grade there for one year before I started my family. How I miss that place! I loved the Halloween parade. Looking at your pictures brought back so many memories of our elementary school Halloween class parties. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Your family pictures should be on the cover of a magazine titled "The Perfect Family". You guys are so cute. I love all the traditions you have. Oh yes, and Ella is the cutest chicken I've seen. :)

heather telford photography said...

ellas costume is SO cute!! love it..

Banks Family said...

How fun, I love Ellas hat. You will have to let me know where you got it, I have 2 nieces on the way. You guys are a cute family!

Wilde Lady said...

You always take the prettiest pictures! Would you mind coming down to FL and take some for me? I love the skeleton costume that you did, you're so creative!

Jamie said...

Liz, your photos really are always so gorgeous! What a FUN Halloween!

Shanna said...

K so I have just decided that you should be taking pictures of people professionally. You are so good. I hate Halloween. You are much better than me. I will do the pumpkin carving and go out and trick or treat with Kesley, but I don't dress up. You are a good mom creating such great memories for your kids. I need to take some lessons from you on Halloween.

Lis said...

I love you halloween photos. that camera is awesome, I am jealous! Cute cute cute!