Friday, October 24, 2008

FaBuLoUs FrIdAy

We had such a fun day today! Chloe had a field trip to a pumpkin patch. We went through a corn maze, saw animals, played on a play set, and enjoyed the beautiful weather!!!

Jackson got 100% on his spelling test! He's had 6 tests this year and has gotten 100% on 5 and missed only 2 on the other one, I am so proud of his hard work and I love seeing how proud
he is of himself!

My Nana Jackson called at 3:30 and told me that James town (where she lives) was having a Halloween party at 4:30 and she would love it if we came, so we did. There were games and prizes, a blow up haunted house, dinner, face painting, coloring, lots of fun, and my kids loved wearing their Halloween costumes. My Nana lived in Salt Lake while I was growing up, but after my Papa died she couldn't take care of her house by herself and needed to be with other people. So she moved down to Provo and I love it, I know she won't be around forever and I want my children to have a relationship with her and I want to make wonderful memories that will last even after she's gone. I loved being with her tonight. We drove up and parked and Chloe said "this is where Anna lives", I corrected her and said "Nana" but, I thought it was darling. The only thing that I wanted while we were there was a picture of my kids with her and I'm so glad I got it!

We dashed from the party and picked up the babysitter so I could go play soccer. We tied 2-2, I played awesome and I feel so good. I have made wonderful friends through soccer and I LOVE playing! It has always been a passion of mine and I look forward to my games each week. My babysitter Erin is awesome. She comes to my games with me and plays with my kids, it's so nice because Ella is still too young for me to just leave her. Jackson and Chloe get to play with friends there but I don't have to worry about them while I'm playing. I'm lucky to have such a great thing going!!! What a great day!
Chloe was SO excited to be here with her friends
from school!!!
Ella eating straw
Chloe loves all animals
She was fascinated with this feather
In the corn maze!
Jackson, Chloe, Nana, Megan, and Ella
Fishing for prizes
Pop a balloon...get a prize
Our Chill Chicken
Megan was so great to have there and we
had tons of fun together
Face painting was a BIG hit
I couldn't find a cute skeleton costume, so I painted
my own...It even glows in the dark! I love it.
Chloe got a witch on one cheek, and a cat on the other
The haunted house with gargoyles
The whole crew from the Jackson family who made it.
The ghosts in the background were made by Nana, just like she
use to make at her house!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Looks like great fun! Don't you just love the fall and Halloween, it is such a great day, dressing up and all! You will really cherish those pictures with your Nana!

Erin said...

Adorable! Where do I begin? I love these photos soooo much, Liz! Nana looks just precious with those little ones. Megan... darling. Jackson's costume is FABULOUS (and I noticed that he stil has "baby cheeks"), and the girls look just dreamy. Way to go in Soccer... you are an inspiration.

Kass Martin said...

That does sound like a fabulous Friday. Dayne's preschool went to the pumpkin patch too last Friday. The kids loved it. It was so fun. It was my first time there and it won't be the last. It's a great place-dirty- but absolutely filled with fun for the kids. Cute costumes and great skeleton costume that you made. That's awesome.

Heide Call said...

Looks like so much fun; I'm sure a great time was had by all! And good job on Jacksons costume!
Don't you just LOVE Halloween!?!