Friday, June 13, 2008

ZoO dAy

Today we drove my brother Scott to Salt Lake and decided to take the kids to the Zoo on the way home. Parker's sister Jenny and her kids met us there. We had such a fun time that we decided to buy season passes! We were having so much fun that we ended up staying for 3 hours! The kids loved being with their cousins, running, laughing, sitting on the big wooden elephant, the white aligator, the merry-go-round, the giraffes, and everything else that the zoo had to offer. When we got home the kids dropped so fast, we did an awesome job of wearing them out, and they did an awesome job of wearing us out!



So this was our TRIP TO THE ZOO!!!


Photobucket
Our little Jackson was ready to take his sister through the zoo!
Photobucket
This is the best shot we could get of all the kids together.

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure the White Alligator was Jackson's favorite animal and the zookeeper there gave him a card all about it, which he carried around with him for the rest of the day! You can see the "Ghost of the Bayou" just over his right shoulder!

Photobucket

Jackson and Chloe wanted to take this little "cute" baby alligator home with them. We almost couldn't stop them from climbing the little plexiglass fence and grabbing it! Maybe something we wont ever tell them is that at one point in time we actually owned a baby alligator as a pet, but thats a whole other story! (Maybe one we won't ever tell our children, I mean after you tell them you bought and owned an alligator as a pet there is NO WAY you can tell them no to a dog, cat, fish, snake... etc.)

Photobucket

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF JACKSON HOLDING CHLOE ON THE WOODEN ELEPHANT!

Photobucket

Daddy holding one of his little princesses! The elephant was what Chloe was most excited to see, she talked about the elephants the whole way up to the zoo!

Photobucket

ELLA was SO good the whole time!

Photobucket

We couldn't get the kids away from the elephant, and Jackson ended up getting soaked by its trunk that sprays water!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jackson with his cousin Paje! They adore each other!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chloe Loved the merry-go-round but we couldn't get her to stay on just ONE animal. She was hopping from animal to animal the ENTIRE ride!

Photobucket

Me with my little baby, I wish you could have smelled the RANCID reptile house. I could barely force a smile in there! ewwww....

Photobucket

Parker had to take this shot of his NEW FAVORITE eating buddy! :)

Photobucket

Parker was expecting the giraffe to just open its mouth and eat it like a horse, when it's purple tongue shot out over a foot to grab the leaves. I love his expression!

Photobucket

Yes he actually put the leaves in his mouth and had the giraffe grab them with its tongue. Don't worry the giraffe's tongue never touched Parker, but it got close!

Photobucket

This was the sign we saw after Parker finished his meal with the giraffe! Don't worry no animals were injured during the shooting of these pictures!


5 comments:

heather telford photography said...

I love the I cant wait till my little Dylan is old enough to go!! How fun!! I love Parkers reaction to the giraffe!!

Erin said...

Wow! Astonishing photos, as always. Your kids are so full of cutiosity and joy. And Parker... anyone who would kiss the tongue of a giraffe has my utmost respect.

Wonder Woman said...

The pix are great!! That one of Jackson and Chloe is adorable! And I love the one of Parker and Chloe. The expression on her face is priceless. Those were *awesome* shots of Parker and the giraffe! Too cool. The few times I've got to the Hogle Zoo I haven't been that impressed, but if I'd had half the time you guys did, I'd buy season passes, too!

Sheri said...

what a fun trip, Those pictures are so amazing, I need some lessons from you guys! Help!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures you took. Did you photoshop some of them. I love the one of Chloe on the merry go round. it's so adorable.