Monday, March 30, 2009

PriMaRy ChiLdReNs


This morning Jackson and I went up to Primary Children's to have Jackson's yearly checkup. I always get a little nervous because I know there will be a time that we go up there for a checkup and we will be told to set a surgery date...until then we just keep praying for great checkups!!! Jackson has had 2 surgery's, one when he was 2 months and one when he was 8 months. It fixed his aorticstenosis but now they're worried about his aortic valve and mitral valve. He has had back flow and we've been told that he might have to have them replaced someday.
Jackson had an echo cardiogram and then we met with Dr. Pulchauski (we love him!). Jackson was great and the checkup couldn't have gone better. Dr.P told us that everything looked the same as it has for the past couple years. I could tell he was surprised when he told me that usually he sees this getting worse not staying the same. He turned to Jackson and said "I hope you're an old man before we have to do anything to fix you." I am so grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and that I can see my father in heaven's hand in my day to day life. I'm thankful that we have Jackson and that his checkup went great!!!

Echo cardiogram


Jackson got tokens for being good to pick out toys
this mustache was his favorite..."Charlie Chaplain"

When we got done we were starving, we hadn't had breakfast yet
so I took Jackson to Denny's where he had alien pancakes that he LOVED

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Way to go Jackson! I remember all too well that time when he was 2 months old, wow, look at him now! It is easy to see our Heavenly Fathers love in such wonderful modern day miracles. We are all truly blessed.

Wendy said...

I didn't know that Jackson had heart issues!! I have a few sibling that have had heart issues, and my one brother has had at least four surgeries so far. I too am glad that we have a Heavenly Father that guides our families. I'm glad for you that he's at least staying the same and not getting worse!!

Shaunee said...

I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. Thank heaven's for PCM! They have done something for every single one of my kids. I hope that things continue to stay good!