Saturday, December 6, 2008

ThAnKsGiViNg

The Sunday before Thanksgiving we left for Palm Desert, California. My kids are such good travelers! We made great time even though we took a detour through the Mojave National Preserve on a dirt road full of pot holes, rocks and no cell service or anyone to bail us out if we popped a tire, for 27 miles. We just told the kids it was a part of California they would never have gotten to see otherwise. Parker's parents and Ryan, Natalie and their kids were already there. We spent 2 1/2 days with the Kemps and then on Wednesday my family got there along with my Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, and cousins from my Mom's side and we moved over to where they were staying and Jared, Jenny and kids got there and had our room. The weather was awesome the entire week! We got to swim everyday, go on walks, watch movies, play games, shop, and spend time with family. Parker went golfing with my Dad and brothers (twice), and I got to have some time shopping with the girls. We had a wonderful Turkey dinner provided by Marie Callendars and it was great to catch up with my cousins. While we were there Jackson caught a HUGE toad and a gecko. The ride home was a little harder then the ride there, but my kids did amazing. While driving on the right road through the Mojave desert Parker spotted a tarantula (with his new lasik laser vision) and so we flipped around and Parker not only took pictures, but put him in a cup that had a screw on lid and threw him in the back of the car. The kids named him Harold. We had a wonderful vacation, it was just what we needed!

"There is no greater gift than the love of family"
Thank you Dad and Mom and Larry and Syndee for a wonderful trip.

With my brothers at the Marriott pool
Jackson LOVED this masive water gun
and the water slide that we didn't get pictures of
Chloe is turning into quite the fish. She fits right in!!!
We had the opportunity to take some pictures
of all the Kemp grandkids together
Relaxing with aunt Megan
Harold the spider
Brave Boy!
What a girl!

7 comments:

Kass Martin said...

That spider makes my skin crawl. I can't believe you brought that thing home with you! Holy moly. Your brothers are all so old and handsome. It's crazy. California Thanksgiving sounds like such a party.

Rachel Sue said...

You let your kids hold it? What are thinking? It could escape! That thing would NEVER be allowed inside my house. You are one brave woman. What does it eat?

Sheri said...

Get rid of that spider!!!!!!Chloe and Jackson are crazy to hold that thing! Looks like a fun time. Glad you made it through the desert. Tell Park I'm a little dissappointed that he won't hold the spider, I mean afterall , he wanted to be a zoo keeper for years!!

Naoma said...

Fun trip! The spider on the other hand not so fun, your kids are brave cause I would not hold that thing! We are now in Provo so we will get together soon!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that spider is HUGE! I'm freaking out in my chair right now. Peter's all sorts of into animals and insects and what not. i'm a freak about them. they scare me to death.
It looks like you had a really fun vacation. You guys are always up to something fun.

The Andersons said...

oh my goodness what brave kids you have! if i saw that spider i would run the other way! wow! way to raise them to be brave! sounds like you guys had quite the adventures and like always great pictures! :)

Shanna said...

k ewh.. on the spider. I feel like it's on me now!! ewh... ewh...