Wednesday, December 17, 2008

rUN Run aS FaSt As You CaN...

Our little Old Man
This morning Jackson came down stairs early, dressed, and excited! He came into my bedroom and asked if he could snuggle with me. I opened the covers and he crawled in. "I love you so much, when is it time to go?, Mom, I am so excited, do you know why?, today is my first play". For weeks Jackson has been anticipating his first grade class play of "The Gingerbread Man" and the day had finally come! He had been given the part of the old man. We practiced his lines, picked out a costume and he could hardly keep from jumping out of his skin. He got to preform twice, first for some students at school and then for parents, family, and friends. They started by singing some darling songs complete with actions and props and then went behind the curtain to get ready. He wore a brown vest and Mrs. Porter's glasses and looked darling...I am so proud of him, he did an awesome job. He said his lines so clear and was darling on the stage. After the kids handed out gingerbread cookies to all of their guests. I am so impressed with Jackson's school, class and his teacher. The play was a huge hit!
Opening song, with darling actions!
"What's going on?" said the little old man
Catch that cookie
"Stop that Cookie!!!"
Take a bow
Aunt Chelsey, Grammy, Chloe, Jackson, Uncle David, Mom and Dad

5 comments:

Naoma said...

Go Jackson! I remember my first play, I was a dwarf in snow white. I am glad that he had fun!

Shaunee said...

Oh my goodness! He is so handsome! Way to go Jackson!

Sheri said...

I can't think of anything more cute than that! Way to go Jackson!

McGuire's said...

So cute!! Good job to Jackson! I love your tree below, can you come help me with mine??!

Shanna said...

great pictures. cute kid! you are such a cute mom!