Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twenty Eight

On March 22 I celebrated my 28th birthday! Parker woke up early with the kids and was so sweet to take Jackson to school for me. I woke up about 15 minutes after he left and started folding laundry. The time kept ticking away, at first I thought he went to the grocery store to get things to make breakfast but I noticed his wallet was still at home. I started thinking of other scenarios, but I came to conclusion that he had gotten in an accident, I just didn't know if it was his fault or not. My cell phone of course was in the car so I sat on the front porch and waited. I saw him coming and ran to the car. I knew by the look on his face it was a wreck. He got out and hugged me and told me he had slowed down to turn into school and a 15 year old girl was changing lanes and slammed into the back of him. Parker's neck was hurting and Jackson had put out his hands and jammed his thumb into the seat in front of him. Parker spent a long time on the phone calling different people and then we headed to the doctors office. Jackson's thumb was only sprained and Parker's neck would be fine after some R&R. I felt that it was a birthday gift to me that my family wasn't hurt!
The day went better from there... My Grammy had come down to take me to lunch with my mom. We went to CPK and were able to enjoy a yummy lunch, laugh, and talk. I came home and took a short nap and then we went to my parents house for a BBQ. Chloe sang karaoke for everyone!!! I loved eating cake and opening presents. I got new cute spring clothes, a purse, a vacuum, a new piece to my food processor, and a new camera!!!! The 5D Mark 2. Parker got it for both our birthdays! Scott and Chelsey came over after and played games and then we finished the night by watching New Moon. It was a wonderful day and I felt so loved from all the phone calls, text messages, and special things that people did for me! Happy Birthday to me!

0 comments: