Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Curitiba, Brazil


Yesterday morning we woke up early to get ready and go to my family's house for breakfast with Matt (his last American Meal for a while). He was set apart as a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints Monday night, packed his bags and was ready to go. During his setting apart my brothers were asked to say a couple words to Matt. David said "as I've watched Matt prepare to go I haven't been sad because my mission has been the best experience of my life so far. I'm excited for Matt to have this experience and to grow." Those words really helped me since I was focused more on "2 YEARS" and how much I am going to miss him! Scott shared how he watched so many people's lives change as they accepted the gospel. I am so excited to hear Matt's stories!
We left for the SLC airport around 9:15. When we got there we checked Matt in and as he took his luggage to the security check Chloe and Ella each jumped on a bag saying they wanted to go. It was so cute. I reminded them it would be a long time to not see Mom and Dad.... they changed their minds! It was an emotional good bye and we watched Matt through security check and up the escalator until we could no longer see him. Then almost everyone went to the bathroom to try and stop the tears! I am so blessed to have such a tight family who loves to be with one another! I will miss Matt tremendously but I am so proud of his decision to serve and I look forward to letters! See ya in two Matty!



Siblings



All the kids and Grandkids




Our little stowaways




My kids are going to miss Matt SO much!
Chloe says Matt's mission is "The other side of the earth"... she's right!




I can hardly look at this picture without crying! I know how you feel Meg!



Brothers (David had class and couldn't make the airport)

1 comments:

Shaunee said...

So, so crazy. Little Matty on a mission. Good for him. We are praying for him and thinking about him. XOXO from the Adams!