Monday, February 1, 2010

New Years Eve


For New Years Eve we went to a party over at my parents house. They invited 4 families that we did a lot together growing up. 10 years ago the same families got together for a New Years Eve party at my parents house and we had done a times capsule. We each filled out a sheet of what we were doing then, the price of gas, what fashion was like, what we thought we would be doing in 10 years, what car we would be driving, and other dreams we had for ourselves. It was so fun to read what I had written. I was dating Parker and a senior in high school, I was driving my Honda accord (and thought that by now I would be driving a BMW Z3...funny), I thought that I would have around 3 kids (perfect, but I obviously didn't think out the kids and the car situation at the same time), the price of gas was $1.20, I wanted to be in my own home (did that!)... It was fun to read through. We all then filled out a new sheet for 2020 that we will get together to open in another 10 years!


My parents bought a new dance game for their wii which was the hit of the party! We took turns competing and laughing as old and young danced off. Garrett and Collin McGuire were by far the funniest and my tummy ached by the time they were done. We had a wonderful meal of homemade soup, salad, and grapefruit slush (MY FAVORITE) and later in the evening finished off with a crepe dessert bar! We rang in the new year with poppers and kisses and the kids threw confetti from the balcony! It was a night to remember!!! Thanks Mom and Dad for throwing yet again another amazing party! Welcome 2010!

Ella with uncle Matty
Parker enjoying the crepe bar!
Jackson and I after our dance off! Jackson was SO good.
Happy 2010!
YUM

2 comments:

Shaunee said...

I'm so sad I missed the party... but that was the day I got hives and my eyes were all swollen and I was miserable. I love the dancing game! We've pulled it out at family dinners. Here's to being there for 2020.

Amy and Clark said...

What a fun night! So wish I could have been there. I had a fun time vicariously experiencing the different activities and the hilarious conversations that must have taken place. And grapefruit slush is my favorite too. Delicious! Happy 2010!