Monday, February 1, 2010

Ella's 2nd Birthday

My baby turned 2 yesterday! (January 31st) It was kind of bitter-sweet for me. I was so excited for her and of course I'm glad she's 2, but my baby is growing up! I started crying when I thought that she'll never be one again. But I spent the night before her birthday reflecting on the last two years... of course I thought of the night of February 12th when we almost lost her to RSV. We had to rush her to the hospital after she stopped breathing at home and even in the ER she almost slipped away a handful of times. I don't know what are family would do without her! I also thought about her first words, her first step, when she crawled, and now only at two years old she speaks full sentences and can say anything! She is always so sweet and loves to dress up, snuggle, carry around purses, stuffed animals, and anything girlie! She brightens the room when she walks in!

The night before her birthday Ella was up sick a lot of the night! I felt so bad as I thought of the big deal we had made of her birthday to her and the other kids, but she woke up feeling a little bit better. I made breakfast for her and we put a candle in her waffles! We sang "Happy Birthday" to her and I have never seen anyone blow out a candle that fast! She asked us over and over to sing to her, so we'd relight the candle and sing. The Happy Birthday song got REALLY fast! She would also sing along! One time (right on cue) after we had finished singing, she sneezed and her candle went out. I thought we'd all die laughing! We had a quiet day at home trying to help Ella feel better. She got a good nap and then we headed over to my parents house for a family party! She didn't want to do much, mostly she sat on mine or my Mom's lap to eat or open presents. She got a my little pony, barbie, a zuh zuh hamster, clothes, a new tutu, a purse, a tiara, and sunglasses! It was a good day!!! I wish Ella had felt better but I know she enjoyed it being her day! Happy Birthday Princess Ella!!!
Ella's Birthday Breakfast
Sticky from syrup and ready for the tub
Splish splash she was takin' a bath
Birthday dinner, Ella only ate the strawberry jello
Ella talking on her new phone (from Jackson)
Ella sat on Grammy's lap the entire time she opened presents
Yummy and cute cupcakes made by Grammy
Blow out the candles on your cake and make a wish
She LOVED her cupcake
Ella's new tutu (she wouldn't take it off)
Aunt Chelsey made Ella this darling tiara.

2 comments:

Shaunee said...

Happy Birthday sweet Ella! You are such a cutie!

Jenny said...

Liz- I am really sorry I didn't call for Ella's birthday. I really have a hard time keeping up with my life- even though I care so much about my nephews and nieces! I would take any of them in a split second! I am feeling bad about it. And, you know a superbowl party is not important as compared to your brother's birthday. So you should do that with your family. I just needed to be snotty and give you a hard time cause Jared and I and the kids just LOVE when you guys come up here!