Monday, March 24, 2008

Coloring Eggs

For Family night we decided to color easter eggs. I had been to target earlier in the day and picked up some dye, and some eggs. I felt that I was really prepared and excited to get started. I boiled about 18 eggs and we got started. I had picked out tye-dye for our eggs, well, Parker decided that this wasn't enough and we needed more of EVERYTHING. He headed to the store and returned with 5 different dyes, and about 4 dozen eggs. We boiled more water and started the second batch. The kids loved painting golden eggs, adding stickers, dipping them in dye, writting on them, and being together. In the end we had tye-dyed eggs, golden eggs, bug eggs, sticker eggs, glitter eggs, eggs with our names, eggs every color, and eggs on the floor. It was so much mess, and so much fun! In the end we had over 50 colored eggs and memories that will last forever!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Cathy said...

How fun! You guys are amazing artists! I love your colored eggs.

Wonder Woman said...

Eggs, eggs, eggs! Fun, fun fun! It looks like you had a blast. Parker looks like Jackson's twin! And you, holding Ella and checking eggs. I don't think that moms are allowed to do only one thing at once. Beautiful eggs and pix!

Rachel Sue said...

What a fun dad! But what are you going to do with all of those eggs?

Banks Family said...

Oaky I guess I was the last to know you had a blog. Good!!! Looks like you guys had a fun easter. Looks like the boys are having a great time on their bikes. Like father like son!

Kiera said...

I love this photo arrangement you use. I want to see the picture of the egg oozing with paint and color (in the bottom left corner) in full size, it is gorgeous!