Friday, November 13, 2009

CaLLed tO SerVE

Thursday we headed over to my parents house to watch as my brother Matt opened his call to serve an LDS mission. He has been so excited for this and was so disappointed when Wednesday was Veterans day and the mail wasn't delivered. I arrived at the house a little emotional but so excited for Matt. My mom had a big map on the kitchen table where you got to write your name on clear sticky tape and guess where Matt would be called. She had a jar of candy and gift certificates for whoever was closest (this is a tradition!). My Dad welcomed everyone (there were SO MANY people there) and Matt took a big deep breath and opened his letter! He was called to serve in the Curitiba, Brazil mission and will be leaving on March 31st to go to the MTC in Brazil! I am so proud of him! I watched him grow even as he opened his call. Parker's first comment was "I can't wait to go back and visit his mission when he gets back", I laughed as tears were rolling down my face (it was great comic relief). Congrats Matt, we are so proud of you!
Photobucket
Photobucket
My Dad!
Photobucket
These cookies were darling! missionaries, temples, book of Mormon's, and
worlds with question marks. Not only were they cute...they were delicious!
Photobucket
This was Matt's reaction!
Curitiba Brazil mission, portuguese speaking
Photobucket
Let's go to the map!
Photobucket
Matt had guessed Costa Rica
Photobucket
My Mom checking the other details!
Photobucket
hi Parker! I'm loving my eclaire!

2 comments:

The Red Crew said...

that's so exciting! The last Jackson boy to leave on a mission! Love your family!

Shaunee said...

We heard the good news! Congrats to Matt! We are so excited and I can't believe he's old enough to go!!