Saturday, August 15, 2009

IndEpEnDenCe DaY

Photobucket
On the 4th of July Parker and I spent most of our day driving home from Lake Powell. Our kids were staying at my parents house. Megan helped them decorate their bikes and took them out into the neighborhood. Every year instead of going to the parade my parents ward does a bike parade where the kids decorate their bikes, ride around and then they have a picnic. So fun! They also brought in a huge fire hydrant and sprayed the kids!!! We got home in time for fireworks (we were so excited to see the kids!!!) and then went to see the stadium of fire fireworks. My Dad and Mom also took Jackson and Chloe to see the hot air balloons take off early one morning. They loved it.
Photobucket
Watching the hot air balloons take off
Photobucket
I remember doing this as a child
Photobucket
Such cute kids!
Photobucket
The bike parade. Jackson and Chloe still have their bikes decorated
Photobucket
Picnic time
Photobucket
"spray us, spray us..."
Photobucket
sopping wet
Photobucket
Grammy bought my kids these darling 4th of July outfits.
They loved watching fireworks.
Photobucket
My amazing parents! Love you both!

2 comments:

Naoma said...

Looks like a great fourth! We went and saw the balloons too, it was way cool.

Annie and Caleb Pinegar said...

Your kids are darling. Anyway, i will soon get to your request. We are refinishing some tables we just bought (painting them metallic silver). Its going to be so cool. And then I will take a picture of it all and post it.