Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CaNcUn

For Jackson's 8th birthday Grandpa and Grandma Kemp took him to Cancun, Mexico for a week. He was so excited before. He had to get a passport, that he was so excited about. He told his teacher that he got it so he could go to a different State. He left last Sunday and he asked me if it was against the rules to go on an airplane on Sunday! He just got baptised and he wants to do what is right...what a sweet boy! He had a blast while he was there! He swam with Dolphins, went on a zip line that went 40-50 feet above the jungle and then jumped from 30 feet into a sink hole, snorkeled, made t-shirts and painted glass figurines, swam in the pool and ocean, took a catamaran out into 30 foot deep water...in the middle of the ocean and saw a barracuda, and loved every minute! He called us twice (once on Friday and once on Saturday) and told us that there was something different about him, and that the sun was very hot. I asked him if he was tan and he said no. I started wondering if his hair was blond or shaved and then he told me "I'm brown". It was darling. He told Grandpa and Grandma all week long that this was his "golden birthday" because he got to go on this trip. We missed him while he was gone but I'm so thankful that he got this experience that he'll remember forever and that he made memories with his grandparents that are priceless. I've always wanted my children to have strong bonds with all their grandparents and I'm so blessed that they do!!! We made him a welcome home poster and we were so excited to see him when he got home! The kids all missed each other and were so excited to see one another. We're glad he's back!
Photobucket

0 comments: