Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SuNdAy BaKiNg

Anyone who knows us well knows that Sunday's at the Kemp house is "cooking day". Parker and I both LOVE to cook and try new things. We usually have a lot of food that we've made on Sunday's because there's a lot that we want to try and why wait until next week?!
I have always wanted to make a pie from scratch, it's been a secret desire of mine for some time, but something would always hold me back. Until Sunday! I found a recipe in the Barefoot Contessa and decided to go for it. It was really fun!!! Parker and I were the only ones awake when it was finally done cooking, it was huge! And so yummy! Parker loved it and usually isn't a huge fan of apple pie. I was so proud of myself that the next day I got out my kitchen aid and made some fabulous homemade rolls! Some of them looked like they had outty belly buttons and some looked like small loaves of bread, but they tasted amazing and I'm sure with a little more practice they will look amazing! I love trying new things!

Deep dish apple!
It was so delicious!

9 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

That looks delicious!! I used to bake cookies every Sunday when I was a teenager/single. I continued for the first month I was married, then realized that two people don't go through cookies as quickly as 20 do!

Now that we have 9 am church, Sunday afternoon has become a great time for us, too. I feel like I can cook a great dinner without being rushed or exhausted from church and meetings.

Kiera said...

Im so impressed. Looks like we should have come over for dinner on Sunday. :)

Shaunee said...

Mmmmm... that looks delicious! Good job!

The Red Crew said...

Wish our sunday's were as exciting (and delicious) as yours! Don't you love the barefoot contessa...i contemplated naming our daughter Ina just b/c Ina Garten is my hero.
p.s. my mouth is salivating

Wendy said...

That looks great, and you aren't kidding it was HUGE!!! Pie's are great and fun to make. I'm glad you finally stepped out of your zone to try it.

I love making home made rolls!!! I'm so glad I've finally found a "recipe" that works for me. And I make them 3- 4 times a week. They are really good with home-made jam.

The Andersons said...

YUMMMMM wanna come over on sunday?! haha :)

The Andersons said...

YUMMMMM wanna come over on sunday?! haha :)

Elisha Trask said...

Liz. You rock. Need I say more??

Cathy said...

I want to come over to your house on Sunday. That pie looks so good!!!