Friday, January 2, 2009

FaMiLY pArTy

The Monday before Christmas we had a family party with my Mom's family. We had dinner, and lots of great conversation to start. Then we had a talent show, Jackson told jokes and Chloe sang Rudolph the red nose reindeer while Grandpa played his accordion. We also had belly rolling, human bagpipes, guitar playing, and a family band...what talent! It was so much fun getting together, telling stories, sharing talents, laughing, and giving gifts. Jackson got "Magic Tree House" books which he immediately began reading, and Chloe got a "Fancy Nancy" board game that she didn't put down until we got home and she needed to go to bed. It was wonderful to celebrate Christmas time with people we love!

This is my darling Grammy! She is such a special person
in my life. I love getting pictures of her with my kids. They call her Grammy Great!
Ella, Grammy, Leena, Claire, Chloe, and Libby
Parker had fun talking with the adults
Jackson's jokes were so cute, he got everyone laughing
Chloe's song was SO great!
Baby Ella and Grammy Great
I have priceless memories of my Dad playing the accordion while
I was growing up. My brother Scott and I would dance on top of his case (that
he still has) and I even use to fit inside. I love that my kids have the same chance
to build memories with my Dad!!!
My kids all looked so cute. My girls both wore these DaRliNg
matching outfits
Jackson and Chloe were so patient waiting to open their presents

6 comments:

Shaunee said...

I love seeing those pictures! Grammy looks so great! She looks the exact same that she did 15 years ago. I have fond memories of your dad playing the accordian, too! I'm glad he still does. What a fun party!

Banks Family said...

I also have heard the grand addordian stories for years, got to love tradition. I love when my kids hang out with my dad too! Getting ready to start playing soccer again, let me know when you are playing.

Cathy said...

It looks like the party was such a blast! How fun! And your kids are seriously so cute!!!

Shanna said...

gease! what a fun family get together you look like you had! can I be in your family!

Griff said...

parker and liz time to be our blog friends!!!!!!!

Griff said...

PARKER AND LIZ TIME TO BE OUR BLOG FRIENDS!!!