Friday, July 25, 2008

HiGh DiViN'

We have been going to the pool a lot lately! Jackson got up to try the high dive the first day and made it to the handle bars and then got down. He decided he'd overcome his fear and tried again and made it a little farther. Everyone at the pool was cheering for him every time he got up. He tried about 4 or 5 times that first day and by the end he was at the end of the board staring down, legs shaking, but he never jumped (even though I bribed him with $10). Day 2 he told me was the day! He made it up 3 times this time and walked to the end of the board like a champ and would safely inch backwards to the handle bars, turn around and make his way back down the stairs. Day 3 I told him if he would just jump then he'd know if he liked it or not and he'd never have to do it again, but that I thought if he did jump he'd love it and want to do it over and over. He tried twice with no success. Just before we were ready to leave he came and told me that he'd jumped off, I told him I needed to see it to believe it. So, he walked up and jumped with a HUGE smile on his face! I was so proud of him!!! I'm sad that I didn't see his first jump, but my prediction was right, we can't get him off!!! We went back yesterday and I bet he went off close to 100 times!

8 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Great shots!! Good for him, working up the courage to go off. And of course you were right. You're the mom.

heather telford photography said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiera said...

Great sequencing!! Way to go Jackson!

Banks Family said...

Way to go Jackson! It feels good when you finally take the plunge, I bet he is so proud of himself and should be, thats a long way up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jackson! That is awesome. It will never be the same!

Anonymous said...

Good for Jackson. He's such a brave little kid. I love it.

Rachel Sue said...

What determination! That is a quality I would love to have. What a great kid.

Erin said...

Whoa Jackson! You are really looking like a teenager these days...