Thursday, July 10, 2008

4tH oF jUlY eXtRaVaGaNzA!!!

On July 3rd we packed our car and headed for Pocatello, Idaho so we could spend our Independence holiday with Parker's family. We headed straight for the lake! Chloe and Jackson loved swimming and riding the "U tube". We got home around 10:30, got ready for bed and the the Kemp family Fireworks began! Larry and Syndee put on a GREAT show, but this year it was cut short when the fire marshal called the house and told Syndee if one more firework went off he would come and issue them a citation, she went out told Larry and then about 5 HUGE ones went off (it was hilarious). We were sad that we didn't get to finish the show and listen to Larry, Parker, and Jared yelling "fire in the hole", but it WAS 12:30!


Photobucket

My Handsome Boy!

Photobucket

Cousin's U-Tubing

Jackson, Chloe, Preston and Paris

Photobucket

Daddy's GiRL!

Photobucket

Grandpa does a sweet job of driving! We call this picture the bucking bronco!

Ride it Jackson!

Photobucket

This is one of my favorite things about family fireworks! The boys

go out together yelling "fire in the hole" and putting on quite the show!


Parker and Jared went dirt biking early the next morning and we woke up to a fabulous breakfast, matching 4th of July outfits and crafting stepping stones. The boys got home and met us at the pool for swimming, lunch, games, prizes, cotton candy (way too much cotton candy), and FUN! WE had a little bit of quiet time after the pool and then headed for the greatest show in Idaho (which is in Pocatello) to watch an awesome firework show! We got to bed around 12:00 again. We packed up the next morning and left for home (after finding our keys that were lost for 2 hours after the car was packed, kids and all) and went to dinner and a movie in Salt Lake with only the adults :) Sunday morning we went to Jack's baby blessing (Jared and Jenny's new beautiful baby boy) in Salt Lake and then headed for St. George...


Photobucket

Grandma bought the kids matching outfits. I love that Chloe's shirt

says "Miss Independent", it really does sum her up!

Photobucket

This is one of my favorite pictures, my darling boy with the flag blowing in the background.

Photobucket

Chloe and her cousin Paris LoVe each other!!!

Photobucket

Let freedom ring!




Photobucket
Grandma has crafts every year , this year the kids made their
own stepping stones! They look great in our flower bead!
Photobucket
Chloe could've done this all day! Jewels and dirt~ perfect combo!


Man was it hot, one day it got up to at least 110!!! But, we had so much fun, we swam everyday and Chloe is learning to swim without a life vest and is doing great. We went to the Sound of Music at Tuacan, did some shopping, took the kids to the animal museum, the boys went dirt biking again (first time for Parker in sand), went to Neilsen's Frozen Custard (twice), drove around and showed the kids where we lived, played games, and enjoyed so much being together with Parker's family. We had an amazing time and I'm looking forward to getting back down there soon.
Photobucket
We had a wonderful time in St.George! Our favorite part was being together and
being with Parker's family
Photobucket
Relaxin' Jackson!
Photobucket
Ella LoVeS the water!
Photobucket
I had to have a picture of my girls in their matching swimsuits!!!
Photobucket
Jenny and Ava!
Photobucket
Parker took us to hike the crack, the kids loved it.
They hiked up it and then back down.
Photobucket
COUSIN'S!!!

15 comments:

heather telford photography said...

Anything at the lake is always so fun!! That tube looks like a blast! what a fun 4th!!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love your cute little family pic. Your swimming suit is so adorable. The color is gorgeous on you.

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! You guys really lived it up! We were up in Pocatello the weekend before that (June 27,28 and 29th). Too bad we missed you :( BTW, thanks for your sweet text on my birthday. That was so nice of you to remember. Let's get together soon!

The Red Crew said...

I love these pics! You really have such a darling family! I do love the 4th...remember our neighborhood bbq's at the mcquires every year, and our crazy neighborhood full of kids and smoke (from so many fireworks.) It doesn't get much better does it?

The Andersons said...

looks like you guys sure do play!! your pictures are great! are you taking these? if so you sure do have an eye for awesome pictures! nothing better than being out on the lake and boating! I can't wait to take Sophie out swimming!

Wonder Woman said...

Great pics! Love that one of Jackson, too. And Chloe and Paris look like sisters!! Very strong family resemblence. Sounds like you guys had a great holiday!

Banks Family said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!!! The first time I met Brady was at the Crack! It is a cool little place to go. Looks like you survived the 110 degree weather.

Cathy said...

How Fun! I really love your pictures. I know I just got my camara, but I already want a new one. What camara do you have? I also love your matching swimsuits! Where did you get yours? I'm leaving on vacation soon and I need new swimsuits.

Wendy said...

LIZ!! What a fun way to celebrate the 4th!! What fun family times. And I sure have to say the picture of "relaxin Jackson" is my favorite. And like Alyssa said, Chloe looks so much like her cousin -- they could be sisters. I'm glad you all had FUN and all came home in ONE piece.

Sheri said...

great 4th, great family, great photos, great fun!

Rachel Sue said...

What fun! I love the picture of Chloe in her Miss Independent shirt. She really is SO adorable!!

Kass Martin said...

That looks like such a fun vacation. I love the matching suits and the fourth of July outfits. I think having a craft is so fun. It keeps the kids entertained. I should do stepping stones, that's a great idea. You are always doing something creative for the kids though. Glad you're back safe. This next week is a little crazy b/c I have a ton of family in town so I need to call you and we'll figure out what day's best for lunch (if you haven't already decided) I miss you guys so let's hang out!

kristina said...

oh., that baby of your is too cute!! I want to queeze her! ....looks like you guys had a blast over the 4th!

Erin said...

Beautiful family. Simply beautiful.

Erin said...

That just looks like some "crazy fun"! You really get your money's worth out of the fourth of July, don't you? ;)