Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ScHoOl iS iN sEsSiOn

The first day of first grade!!!
Chloe meets her preschool teacher!!!

Jackson started 1st grade yesterday! I can't believe what a big, handsome boy he is. He has been so excited to go and had asked me all week "how many more days?". Grandma came to visit last Thursdays and brought some new school clothes for Jackson and Chloe. Friday morning Jackson woke up and went to get some new clothes on. I told him that Grandma had said they were only for school, he went to his room and shut the door letting me know he wasn't coming out until he could wear a new outfit. I was thinking this was quite the punishment for me :) What other 7 year old boy do you know who loves clothes that much? Monday morning finally came for him, we had laid out his outfit, with matching shoes and watch, and he was up and ready by 7:15 (oh man was he excited). He got a new haircut for school and he was looking so good! He couldn't wipe the smile off his face!!! He loved it and after dropping him off I only cried a few tears, mostly because I was so excited and happy for him!
Jackson with his teacher Mrs. Porter

Chloe officially starts on Wednesday, but she got to go yesterday and meet her teacher Miss Ann. She was also excited to wear her new clothes and had her outfit picked out on Thursday.. a kitty shirt that says "princess" (she names EVERYTHING princess), with a kitty print skirt and pink tights. The shirt is long sleeved and it was around 100 degrees yesterday, but that wasn't going to stop her. She loved going and her favorite part is Miss Ann's kitty's, I'm hoping that's not going to be a problem for her. She can't wait for Wednesday!!!
Chloe's favorite new outfit!

9 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

You have got the cutest kids. Let's hope this enthusiasm for school sticks for the next 15-20 years!!

Paula-Adam said...

I love those pictures! They look SO CUTE!

Paula-Adam said...

I love your pictures! Your kids looks SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are darling. Paige still has a week to wait and she is DYING!! Jackson is so big... I just can't believe it! Good luck to you and your kids!

Sheri said...

Liz they look so cute, I cry every year when my little ones head back to school and they aren't so little anymore. Chloe needs a fox shirt! I'll keep my eyes open for one!

Wendy said...

They're simply cute!! I remember crying when my first one went to school and then my second I also cried when Heidi started Kindergarten last year but this year I was just way too ready for them to go back and have someone else tell them things to do for a little while.

Naoma said...

I cannot believe that you have a kid in first grade!!! It just seems like we were in school together... When did we get old? Where has the time gone??? Oh and just so you know your kids are so incredibly cute!

Anonymous said...

I remember the first day of school when I was Jackson's age. That's back when I enjoyed that time of year. That quickly changed once I got to jr. high. The summers never felt long enough.
Chloe's outfit is so cute. She's an absolute doll.

The Riley's said...

Your kids are so grown up! I love the pictures.