Sunday, May 4, 2008

OuR BiRtHdAy BoY!!!

Jackson turned 7 on Friday, May 2nd. I can't believe how fast time has gone by! I look at Ella and I feel that it wasn't very long ago when I was holding Jackson as a tiny baby. I just keep thinking around this time next year we'll be planning his baptism. Now that kind of scares me. He'll also be starting 1st grade this fall and be going to school all day, I know a lot of mom's out there look forward to that, but I'm dreading it. Jackson has been my little buddy, my big helper and I'm going to cry when he goes to school for the entire day. We'll just have to plan more fun stuff for when he's home :)


On Friday we made birthday breakfast and then ice cream cone cupcakes for Jackson's class, they were a big hit. Parker had to work and so I took the kids to Chuck-E-Cheese ~ Jackson's choice! He got a birthday hat to wear at school that he refused to take off all day, so he also wore it to Chuck-E-Cheese. I was glad that he did because a lot of people wished him happy birthday and it helped make his day more special. Saturday we took him to pick out his present ~ a new bike! He loved doing that. Then we met Grandpa and Grandma Kemp, Jenny and kids, and Annie at the park for a picnic. Jackson chose to have "greasy chicken" (KFC) and we played frisbee and opened more presents... dirt bike riding boots, chest protector, clothes, bug catcher, and magnet set! After we headed to Grandpa and Grandma's hotel for some swimming!!!! That night we went to Magleby's for dinner.


Today we blessed Ella (pictures and info to come soon) and we celebrated with Grandpa and Grammy Jackson... snow cone maker, rollerblades, clothes, and cuddle bug die cut machine to add to the list. Wow, this kid is loved! He has loved this weekend and I am thankful to everyone who helped make it so special. These moments really are priceless and the memories that we make will last forever. Time does go by too fast, but I'm thankful that I have this time to be with the ones that I love! Jackson... Happy 7th Birthday sweet boy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


4 comments:

Shanna said...

What a champ! I remember when you had him. I can't believe he is that old! What cute kids you have!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jackson! I can't believe that he is 7,,, and he is all boy isn't he?!? Looks like he had a great day!

P.S. I LOVE snowcone makers! I hope he gets many happy, sugar filled hours with that thing!

Erin said...

Adorable pictures. Everybody loves Jackson! We hated to miss the blessing of precious Ella... maybe we will see you all this weekend? Your blog looks so great... you are a pro Liz!

Cathy said...

these are such cute pictures! Happy Birthday Jackson! You know... I still haven't met him! I need to meet him. He looks like he's a sweetheart!