Saturday, April 5, 2008

It Really Does Exist!!!

Parker's 26th Birthday was Wednesday April 2nd. Wednesday's are his busiest days! He has school all morning until early afternoon and then a Kaplan course for the dental test from 6-9pm. During his first break I took him to Chilies for an early dinner, it was so yummy. Then after his class we went to my parents for cake and ice cream.


Photobucket
Blow out the candles on your cake and make a wish!



Last week my Dad had told us he had a surprise for everyone for Parker's birthday that we would be doing on Friday night. We spent the whole week coming up with what it could be. My brother Scott thought my Dad had been called as a mission president (he wasn't!), I thought we were going to a play (we didn't). We drove to Bountiful and met up with Parker's parents who had driven down from Pocatello. Everyone met at The Mandarin restruant in Bountiful. Parker was so excited because ever since we met (9 years ago) I had told him that I would take him there, which was one of my favorite restruants. I had promised him more than a dozen times that we would go there and every time we tried something would come up. My Dad knew this and so he made reservations and surprised us all. Maybe it doesn't sound like a big surprise, but it really was and it was so much fun. Since Parker had never been there he was totally certain that it didn't exist!


Photobucket



When we showed up Parker was shocked that it actually had people working and eating inside because it looked like it was closed from the outside. Inside though, there wasn't even standing room inside the waiting room! Luckily we had reservations! Once Parker tried the food he was in heaven! I think he has a new favorite restruant now. Dinner was awesome and my Dad gave everyone a kick when he told everyone that he was called to be a mission president in California! I thought I would die when Scotty, Chelsey, Matt and even Megan (who we already had told that we were doing this) all believed our little pratical joke. Anyway, it was a great dinner and everyone had a great time. After my Dad took us to Neilsens frozen custard for a concrete. I think we got our calorie count in for the entire week. I love that we were able to spend time with so many people we love!!! We even got a bonus~ Parker's parents came and spent the night at our house. We talked and played rook. The kids were excited when they woke up and saw that Grandma and Grandpa had slept over!


Photobucket

The Jackson Crew and Parker's parents enjoying
chinese food and eachothers company



Photobucket

We're so happy that Larry and Syndee came
down to celebrate with us


Photobucket

Parker LOVES bumbleberry, almond concretes!
Photobucket
What a fun way to end an amazing celebration!




6 comments:

Kiera said...

So wait...what was the surprise?? Did I miss it? Parker looks just like his parents! Family get togethers are so fun!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday Parker! Liz, Do you like having your birthdays so close? Randy's and mine are 4 days apart and I'm not sure I like it very much. Anyway, it looks like you guys had a blast. That was so awesome of you dad! You must be a good daughter. We need to go to lunch. When can you?

Shanna said...

Happy birthday Parker! Sounds like you had a great time despite the busy Wednesday. Birthdays are so much harder to celebrate when you are older don't you think?! They never are quite the same as when you were little. It's a good thing we have inlaws though, because then we atleast get twice the presents huh!!! LOL. Your little girl looks just like you LIZ. She is just adorable.

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday Park! I did remember that it was your birthday, but I was so busy! I know excuses excuses! Good Luck with Kaplan. Take Care! Aunt sheri

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! Cute story, cute family, cute baby blanket!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Parker! I have been craving the Mandarin - I love their eggrolls with plum sauce... yum, yum! Sounds like you had a great day!